The Friends of Towersey Festival is proud to launch an exciting new annual Artist Development Programme for 2018.
The scheme has been designed specifically to encourage and support a new generation of artists, offering them a vital chance to learn directly from experienced music industry experts via structured workshops, specialist masterclasses and one-to-one sessions, as well as gain further opportunities to perform live.
The first recipients of this programme, which is unique to Towersey, are acclaimed guitarist Billy Watman; songwriter and 2016 Celtic Connections Danny Kyle Award winner Bella Gaffney; and Cohen Braithwaite-Kilcoyne, who was shortlisted for the Horizon Award at the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards 2018.
Thanks to The Friends - which is are a Registered Charity (No 299636) and runs independently from the Festival - these three emerging artists have been booked for main stage performances at Towersey this year, and have already attended a special development away day in the autumn.
The Friends Of Towersey plan to expand the development project next year in order to offer year-round support to a selection of artists asked to apply for the Programme. This will run from Autumn 2018, up to the Festival in 2019.
These handpicked artists will be supported through training days, one-to-one sessions, performance opportunities, and provided with financial assistance, allowing them to develop their creative skills, gain vital knowledge, and learn from established industry professionals.
Vital funding for this programme will come from the Festival itself, arts grants, and from the new Friends Membership scheme – to be launched at the 2018 Festival.
Membership lasts a 'Festival year' (ie. September 2018 to end August 2019) and by signing up, members will enjoy some incredible rewards:
£30 single, £50 couple
- Friends of Towersey membership card giving 10% off all Festival merchandise and extras (glamping, phone charging, lock-up).
- Exclusive pre-line-up launch booking reminders (before we officially announce the full line-up.
- Friends emails with news on supported artists and exclusive content.
- Exclusive Friends T-Shirt, designed by illustrator and artist, Hannah Broadway.
£60 single, £100 couple
As Green plus:
- An acknowledgement of support – on the festival website and in the official festival programme.
- Invitation to an 'at the Festival' Friends gathering, where you can meet key members of the Towersey Team, and enjoy an exclusive performance from one of the supported artists.
£200 single, £300 couple
As Bronze plus:
- Behind the scenes Festival backstage tour, and insight into Festival planning and history, on the first morning of the Festival (before stages go live).
- Hosted Saturday night dinner in Artists Catering (dine with the stars!).
- Collectible Friends of Towersey metal pin badge (new one each year).
£400 single, £700 couple
As Silver plus:
- Reserved space in the Friends VIP camping / parking area (adjoined with Artists Camping).
- Exclusive Showcase performance of all supported Friends artists that year in a private space, with drinks.
- Early access to Festival site, with camping from Wednesday before the Festival.